Sunday, March 29, 2015

KPOP is Lifestyle.

"What's your music?" my classmate asked me. Well, some of them knew that I'm a fanboy and really adore the Korean pop music but some of them just really don't understand my genre.
But how it started? Well, I am just at my grade 9 years when I first heard a song titled "Fire" sung by a Korean pop group called "2ne1" or simple called as To Any One. My impression was, well it sounded weird because of the beat and unusual lyrics. I even translated the lyrics into its English version to know the song's meaning and, oh men! it really moved my bones. I mean the lyrics really describe the situation I'm going through and I was like, waw.
My ever first fandom was the all-girl group 2ne1 followed by the Super Junior, EXO, SHINee, Boyfriend, Girl's Generation, BoyFriend, VIXX, B.A.P, Wonder Boyz, Sistar, iKon, f(x), Infinite, and BTS.
My parents are going crazy while I volume up the speakers and start singing along the the lyrics as if I'm the singer. The find me weird but, yeah, they held no arms on my vice.
As a fanboy, I dedicate myself to join any group and fan meetings. I went to regional KPOP Conventions and have some ultimate fandom bondings with co-stans. We do bias and KPOP spazzing and hallyu. Everytime there is a newbie which shares same interest and fandom, we have this KPOP-inspired initiation to welcome such neophyte. We all go crazy when someone plays a kpop song that was sung by our favorite group and we sing along. we even call ourselves according to the fandom we belong. As for me, a 2ne1 fan, we call ourselves the "BLACKJACKS".
KPOP also influenced my choice in fashion. I admire their style since however simple the linens are, they always make it really pleasing and those mix and match outfits that you never thought it could will be like *puff* there they have it. They all wear it.
for a dedicated fan, KPOP is not just a genre. It's not just a music. It's a way of living. A lifestyle. KPOP is just an instrument in bridging the gap to every nations that has cultural barriers. We are building bridges and rejecting those cultural hindrances that clogged our means to share our same interests. We embrace differences. That's how the KPOP lifestyle molded my being. To be an open-minded individual. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment